Name of the project: «Creating a smart parking system “SmartParking”» (project duration 12 months., 2021-2022 y.)
No city can be called a Smart City if it does not have Smart parking. What is Smart Parking – this is the so-called smart parking, which is an integral part of a smart city! Smart parking today is more than a necessary urban infrastructure element. Intelligent parking allows people to quickly and easily find vacant spaces, and thus can help reduce emissions of car gases into the atmosphere in urban areas by reducing parking time. But in our case, we want to create a parking space administration system for university employees, since many students have their own car, as a result of which there is an acute shortage of parking spaces in the university parking lots, namely in the second building. We believe that reserved seats should be created for staff and teachers. To do this, we want to resort to the help of innovative technologies and develop a Smart Parking system using machine vision, that is, face recognition. Paper or plastic cards, tickets and even RFID readers will not be used in the operation of our parking lot, that is (magnets as on the turnstile).
First, we will develop software for the parking space administration system, then we will create an employee database and develop a mobile application that will allow employees to reserve parking spaces. The video recording system will recognize the face of the driver, that is (the employee) and unlock one of the reserved seats. Permission to open or close blocking devices, that is, (barrier) is given exclusively by automation.
Current intelligent parking uses a video recording system that reads car license plates. Unlike all existing parking systems, our system uses facial recognition. That is, in our database it is enough to have one photo of the driver, and not to record all his car numbers. Thus, in our parking administration system, a driver can arrive by car with any number. For example, the car of parents, wife or children. It is enough just to reserve a parking space using a mobile application.
The Smart Parking admission system will be completely independent of the human factor, that is, completely autonomous!
Project objective: The main goal of the project is: Creating a parking administration system using machine vision.
- A parking space locking system will be developed;
- Parking space management software will be developed for the organization’s employees;
- A mobile application will be developed;
- A finished technical product (working prototype) that meets the directions of the competition, or a full-fledged service for the purpose of further implementation, or an industrial design;
- Publication of at least 1 scientific article in a peer-reviewed international scientific publication (WoS, Scopus) or included in the database of the Committee for Quality Assurance in Education and Science (COXON), at least 1 scientific article in journals included in the RSCI database;
- Patent or other certificate for intellectual property obtained/invented during the implementation of the tasks assigned to the Research Group.
Scientific director of the project:
Ibraimov Anet Sovetovich – Head of the Laboratory of Robotics and Mechatronics of the Higher School of Technical Sciences of Zhetysu University named after I. Zhansugurov.
Members of the research group:
Serikbayev Samat Serikbayevich – Software Engineer of the Laboratory of Robotics and Mechatronics of the Higher School of Technical Sciences of Zhetysu University named after I. Zhansugurov.
Serikov Bagdat Berikovich – Lecturer at the Higher School of Technical Sciences of Zhetysu University named after I. Zhansugurov.