Project title: ««Safe-Guard» dynamic use of an autonomous unmanned aerial vehicle in a security system» (project duration 12 months, 01.01.2023-31.12.2023)
An autonomous unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) is a universal device, and it is used by a variety of services. Starting from foresters and rescuers, and ending with film studios. “Safe-Guard” will be used for monitoring and protection of territories in places where it is difficult or impossible to install static video surveillance. The flight of an autonomous UAV can be planned according to the time of patrol, as well as the coverage of areas of responsibility. The drone also has the ability to record video to analyze a specific situation or investigate an emergency. The control of the unmanned aerial vehicle is carried out using specialized software. At any time, the flight task can be changed by the operator or you can switch the device to manual mode and control it from the security console. The unmanned drone will automatically go to the base itself when the critical battery charge level is reached.
The compact and fast unmanned aerial vehicle can move freely on any terrain. With sensors on board, it easily bypasses any objects without the risk of an accident. The UAV will be able to conduct video surveillance at night, having a night vision camera, as well as using a thermal range camera (thermal imager) it is possible to see people, cars and other heated objects. The UAV will patrol along a given trajectory, and transmit real-time footage to the video surveillance center, on which illegal actions of unauthorized persons or employees of the organization will be visible. Visual information allows you to quickly respond to an emergency.
The novelty of the project: At the moment, there are different types of UAV in the world that are used in the territory protection system, but in our autonomous UAV we will use computer vision, that is, object recognition. This autonomous unmanned aerial vehicle has no analogues in Kazakhstan.
Project objective: The main goal of the project is to develop an autonomous unmanned aerial vehicle for monitoring and protection of territories using computer vision.
- There will be a discovery and exploration of necessary information to create working prototype
- Work will be carried out on the development and assembly of components necessary for the creation of an unmanned aerial vehicle
- The software necessary for an autonomous unmanned aerial vehicle will be developed using the Jetson Nano ARM platform for object recognition
- It is planned to publish the work in domestic and foreign scientific journals
- A patent will also be issued for the creation of an autonomous unmanned aerial vehicle «Safe-Guard».
Scientific director of the project:
Ibraimov Anet Sovetovich, Since 2021, he has been working as the head of the Laboratory of Robotics and Mechatronics of the Higher School of Technical Sciences, Zhetysu University named after I.Zhansugurov. Has 1 scientific publication , 1 patent.
Members of the research group:
Serikbayev Samat Serikbayevich, Software engineer of the Laboratory of Robotics and Mechatronics of the Higher School of Technical Sciences, Zhetysu University named after I.Zhansugurov. Has 1 scientific publication, 1 patent.
Zhakpaev Kuanysh Raimbekuly, Lecturer-assistant in Physics at the Higher School of Natural Sciences, Zhetysu University named after I.Zhansugurov. Has scientific papers – 1, international conferences – 1, patent -1.
Scientific internships and professional development
- Ibraimov Anet 02.2018-23.02.2018 – Advanced training course “Educational robotics based on the LEGO Mindstorms ev3 kit” Tabiya-consult Almaty City.
- Ibraimov Anet 05.2019-25.05.2019 – Advanced training course in robotics Future-IT Taldykorgan city.
- Ibraimov Anet 02.2021-12.02.2021 – Advanced training course “Additive 3d technologies” Tabiya-consult Almaty City.
- Ibraimov Anet 02.2022-12.03.2022 – КAdvanced training course “Management in Education” of I.Zhansugurov Zhetysu University Taldykorgan.
- Serikbayev Samat 11.2019-30.11.2019 – Course of study under the program of international cooperation “Fischertechnik – innovations in education” Karaganda city.
- Serikbayev Samat 02.2021-12.02.2021 – Advanced training course “Creating programs on Windows Forms framework” Tabiya-consult Almaty City.
- Zhakpaev Kuanysh «Fundamentals of quantum mechanics in quantum computers» XV international scientific and Practical conference.Trends of modern science. Volume 10 Pedagogical sciences Sheffield
- Zhakpaev Kuanysh “advantages and disadvantages of distance learning” Zhetysu University named after Ilyas Zhansugurov Kazakhstan, Taldykorgan
List of publications and patents of the project executors for the period from 2018 to 2023
- Ibraimov A., Serikbayev S. Smart Parking system “SMARTPARKING” Published on December 5, 2022 in The scientific heritage No 102 (102) (2022), DOI: https://zenodo.org/record/7401829#.Y7vVM0_P2Uk.
- Ibraimov A., Serikbayev S. Automatic contactless thermometer Utility Model patent Reg. application number 2020/1067.2, dated 11/27/2020
- Zhakpaev K. The effectiveness of teaching STEM in the subjects of natural science in secondary school Bulletin of ZHU No. 4 (105) / 2022. pp. 68-73
- Zhakpaev K. Electronic textbook of modern physics. The presence of a patent of the Republic of Kazakhstan, an author’s certificate for industrial property objects dated June 2, 2020 No. 10489